Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unbearable Pain

Have you ever felt unbearable pain? Tonight I do. Tonight I feel as though my heart, the one that I feel emotions with, has been torn almost all the way out of my chest. Something terrible has tried to rip it from me; leaving me hurting, but also feeling dead inside.

I am tired of hurting. I am tired of the unbearable pain. I am tired of being eaten up by the monster trying to devour me. NO MORE! Do you hear me?!?! NO MORE!

Tonight I will force myself to be numb. Tonight I will remember how much nicer my life is without my abuser. Tonight I REFUSE to be consumed by the flames.

Tonight as I stand in the ashes I will quench the flames by reminding myself that they are no longer in control of my emotions. I will NOT be consumed. I will not be afraid. I refuse to let them burn me tonight. There is no wild breeze from a fire, no ashes in the air currents, no outbreaks of all consuming flames. Tonight, I am standing in the ashes of what once was my life, but tonight I am in control of the flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment