Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hungry for love

Contemporary Christian music is new to me. It was something that was not allowed in my past life, the one from before the ashes. Recently I asked some friends for suggestions on music and was directed to download apps onto my iPhone for Air1 and KLOVE. So I did and I have been listening quite often and enjoying what I have heard.

Today I turned on the Pandora station on my Roku player and chose the Sanctus Real station. The first song to pop up was "Lead Me". I hear the singer singing,

I look around and see my wonderful life
Almost perfect from the outside
In picture frames, I see my beautiful wife
Always smiling, but on the inside

Oh, I can hear her saying

Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, but what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life

I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone




I hear this and I think. I think about the past. I think about how hungry I am for love and how I have been so hungry for so long. I think about how empty I feel at times.

I know that there is a lot of controversy about women teaching men, but I want to say something to men here. (I actually do not think that I have any men readers right now.)

Men, have you left your spouse hungry for your love? Are you willing to fight? Do you fight for her? Do you stand up and show her that she is everything to you? How alone does she feel?

There is so much out there written for women, telling us how we are to be submissive; laying huge weights on our shoulders that should not be placed upon us. But how much is written about the command to love your wife?

God created us in His image, men AND women. I am in His image. I am the softer side of His image. My needs are different that that of the men He created in His stronger image.

We women need to know that we are loved. We need it shown to us in ways that differ from one woman to another and it is up to you men to find out how your woman needs love shown to her. I don't say this to the women because for the most part we try to find out how to take care of our men.

We need to know we are WORTH something. We need to be shown daily that we are loved. We need to be fed, so we are not hungry.

Women, how hungry are you? How alone do you feel?

As I stand in these ashes I find that though I am hungry for love, though I feel so alone at times, my Redeemer is here to fill me. As I lean on Him and allow Him to love me, the ache and hurt is less. I am still so very empty and alone, but the ache is oh so much less.

Tonight I am ok, even though I am standing in the ashes of what was once my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear One,

    I caught up the reading. I am sorry. For some reason I did not get notified. Perhaps it is because I had to shut down an e-mail address.

    Poignantly painful posts carry the memory of our Lord dying for this devastation. I weep with you, CJ. Much more importantly, Jesus Christ weeps for and with you....Luke 23:27-29 comes to mind for you. Jesus, on the way to the cross, turned to the daughters and said, "Do not weep for me..." How so romantic, chivalrous, and wholly Jesus Who you testify here is your Aid.

    I am sad you have had to come to the place of realizing that you never had the love of a husband which was rightfully yours as a Christian woman. Thank you for being willing to share the pain of the standing in the ashes with us. You are so very courageous and faith-filled. It is beautiful to behold.

    I love you,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ...I am tired of standing in ashes...I wish sometimes that they would just cover me up so could disappear!

    ReplyDelete